Wednesday, September 19, 2018

You've Got To Eat More Food!

"You need to eat more food" is definitely not what I've been used to hearing when trying to figure out how to loose weight all these years.  My hubby has tried to tell me for months maybe even years that I wasn't eating enough.  Then Cole, my Crossfit coach, spent lots of time putting a meal plan together for me, but honestly, it scared me how much food was on there.  There have been several others, but it's been so engrained in my head that you have to eat less to loose weight that I couldn't do it.

On our last dunk (body analytics testing), Marjorie explained some things to me that I haven't understood like I did that Saturday morning because the Holy Spirit did what He does best and gave me a spiritual picture. 

Based off my results, she said if I was in a coma, my body burns 1880 calories to function.  Then she asked me what I did the day before.  I did two WOD's at Crossfit so she said that was probably 800-1000 calories.  Then I worked all day and worked the concession stand that night.  So she added and said my body probably needed 3300-3500 calories that day.  She asked what I ate, and it was around 1500 calories.  With creating such a deficit, she said that my body was holding onto the weight because it was protecting itself from not receiving proper nutrition.

Then it clicked!!

Many times in my life, I've 'worked out' by teaching classes, serving in volunteer roles, working, being a wife and Mom and anything else to anyone else.   But I never fueled myself with proper nutrition (time with the LORD and in His Word). Oh I would grab a bite from here and there, but I was definitely undernourished plenty of times.  No one would know it... I can smile and keep going with the best of them.  But the weight I was carrying...still do sometimes... is too much!

The bitterness and negativity was there.  The hardening of my heart was there.  Wondering how things could be a certain way and how people could just shut you out?

RELEASE....God gave me this word several weeks ago!!  It's BIG ya'll! 

Marjorie gave me minimum calories to eat.  She said DO NOT eat under 1800 calories on days you don't work out and 2200 calories on days you do work out.   She was actually very stern with me about it because she knew the damage that I was doing to my body.  She said "If you would stick with this, your body WILL RELEASE the fat."   I confirmed I understood & would do it until I see her again in October.

The first week, I lost 5.4 pounds.  I couldn't believe it!  I haven't lost 5 pounds in a year even with doing more workouts than I ever have before!  I was so excited!

But then I went back to not eating because the insecurities crept back in and made me question everything & guess what, the 5 pounds came back!

But this SO mimicked me getting on a kick for God... reading, trusting, praying, studying, writing (like I know He's prompted me to for years!) which resulted in RELEASING me to be more loving, forgiving, etc. 

Then, for whatever reason, I go back to my old ways... control, worry, negative thoughts, talking about others, etc.  and gain all that heaviness back in my heart!

So, I'm finally sitting down to be obedient since He gave me this topic months ago.  I am by no means a professional health coach and know that every person is completely different, but here is what I know to do.

Based off my day, physical or spiritual energy spent, I have to replenish appropriately! 

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness (being right with God), for they will be filled."  Matthew 5:6

"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."  John 7:37-38

Well fed is my goal!  Both physically & spiritually!  The thing that is so cool is God helps us... we feel hunger pains... now to pay attention and eat!


1 comment:

  1. Love this! You are doing amazing! Remember to trust the process.

    ReplyDelete